About This Journal
The Saint Louis University Law Journal is the oldest publication at Saint Louis University School of Law. Law students edit and produce the Journal, which the School of Law sponsors. Eminent scholars, judges, professors, practitioners and high-achieving law students author the articles for the Journal's four annual issues.
Susie Lee Phone: 314-977-3964 Fax: 314-977-1463 Email: email@example.com
Additionally, the Journal has launched an online companion to feature shorter-form pieces written by contributing authors.
Works published in the Saint Louis University Law Journal Online either respond to pieces published in the print version of the Journal or summarize recent court decisions from both the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals and the Missouri Supreme Court. The submission of short, timely pieces from any author is always welcome, and should be sent to the online editor.
The Saint Louis University Law Journal publishes four annual issues on a variety of legal topics. Its goal is to publish timely, pertinent and thought-provoking legal scholarship in every volume, as well as online in the Journal Online.
Each issue is overseen by a managing editor, under the supervision and direction of the editor-in-chief.
Further, the Journal staff seeks to make publishing with the Journal a positive and enjoyable experience for the authors with whom they collaborate.
Finally, the Journal endeavors to serve its readers, who are the final judge of quality. The Journal staff seeks to improve in quality with each successive volume and aims to continually improve upon the content, access and commitment to the St. Louis and surrounding legal community that previous Journal editorial boards established.
Notable scholars whose work the Journal has published in the past include the following:
- Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, United States Supreme Court
- Professor Thomas W. Merrill, the Charles Keller Beekman Professor of Law, Columbia Law School
- Professor Erwin Chemerinsky, founding dean, University of California, Irvine School of Law
- Professor Harold Hongju Koh, dean and Gerard C. & Bernice Latrobe Smith Professor of International Law, Yale Law School
- Richard H. Fallon, the Ralph S. Tyler, Jr. Professor of Constitutional Law, Harvard Law School
- Professor David A. Strauss, the Harry N. Wyatt Professor of Law, University of Chicago
- The Honorable Albie Sachs, associate justice of the Constitutional Court of South Africa
- Professor Jerold H. Israel, the Ed Rood Eminent Scholar in Trial Advocacy & Procedure, University of Florida Fredric G. Levin College of Law
- The Right Honorable Antonio Lamer, former chief justice of the Supreme Court of Canada
- Professor Samuel Estreicher, Dwight D. Opperman Professor of Law, New York University School of Law